About Gharjistan University
Gharajestan University was established in 2010 by a group of scholars of Afghanistan who have doctorate and master’s degree, with the official permission of the Ministry of Higher Education of Afghanistan. With the motto “Gharajestan, the scientific transformation in Afghanistan”, this university pursues three main goals in country’s higher education.
- Providing quality education conditions for interested applicants for higher education;
- Expansion of higher education to provinces and remote areas;
- Launching the required fields of the society in the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees focused on entrepreneurship and creativity.
To achieve the first goal, the University of Gharajestan has provided the field of quality higher education by attracting capable and specialized academic staff in various fields and paying attention to the quality of education, and for this reason, it has been awarded the second stage of validity by the Ministry of Higher Education. To achieve the second goal, the university has opened its first branch in Farah province in the second year of operation. The branch is now in its seventh year of success with four faculties of Law and Political Science, Business Management, Civil Engineering and Computer Science. The university plans to establish other branches in remote provinces. To achieve the third goal, this university, while expertly evaluating the required fields of the society and launching various fields of study in the bachelor’s degree and 8 gradation periods, tries to start the master’s degree program for those who are interested, relying on its experiences.
Concessions and discounts
In order to encourage and support diligent and talented students, the University of Gharajestan, in accordance with Article 56 of its Articles of Association, has provided the following privileges and discounts for top students:
• 75% tuition fee exemption in the first semester for the first person of the entrance exam of the same year.
• 50% discount on tuition fees in the first semester for the second person of the entrance exam of the same year.
• 25% discount on the first semester for the third person of the entrance exam of the same year.
• 50% discount on scholarships for the first person in each field of study in each semester.
• 35% discount on scholarships for the second person in each field of study in each semester.
• 20% discount on scholarships for the third person in each field of study in each semester.
• 15% tuition discount for students who are two members of the same family.
• 15% discount on tuition fees for the disabled.
• Awarding master’s degree scholarships to top students of all faculties.
Student Welfare Facilities
The University of Gharajestan has provided the following educational and welfare facilities for students:
The university library provides students with a rich collection of books and required scientific resources with an appropriate reading hall.
- Internet Center
The University Internet Center provides students with easy access to the World Wide Web with a high-speed line. The university’s IT management guides students to take advantage of the Internet and troubleshoot potential problems.
- Computer Lab
The university laboratory has two equipped computer departments that meet needs of all computer science faculty students for practical and applied courses.
- Samad (Student Affairs Management System)
With the launch of the Samad system, the volume of students’ face-to-face visits to administrative departments has been reduced. Students can do activities such as viewing the list of courses offered, selecting credits, deleting and adding credits and so on via university website.